Friday, January 18, 2013

An adventure to come.

      As a senior in high school, I'm getting to the point where I need to figure out what I'm going to do with my life. It's hard. I always knew what I was going to do when I was younger. Pretty much from the time I was five years old, until I turned 15, I just knew that I was going to be a Hollywood movie actress. I knew it wasn't a practical job. I knew it was hard to break into the acting business. I knew it was something that most people merely dreamed of. Yet somehow, I thought that reality didn't apply to me. I thought I would finish high school and go straight to Hollywood. I never planned on going to college.
     So now, as a 17 year old graduate-to-be, I'm clueless. Every time I get something in my head that I think I might like to be, I get another idea in my head that sounds equally awesome. Despite the fact that I don't know what I am going to do with this life of mine, I'm going to college. Four or more extra years of school is somewhat of a splash of cold water in the face. It's going to be hard, and a small part of me is dreading the torture that my new professors will force me to endure, the punishment being even more school if I don't work hard and make good grades. On the other hand, a larger part of me is excited. This is the next big adventure. There are so many exciting, unique people out there that I am going to meet when I start at this new school. I'm going to get specialized knowledge, I'm going to learn how to do many new and exciting things. And although its hard not knowing, I get to explore, and slowly discover who I am and what I am going to become. That! That is what is so exciting, in fact, it's probably one of the most exciting parts of a person's life. Everything is new, fresh, unexplored. It truly will be an adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment